Pages

Creatura - Review

Creatura by Nely Cab
Blurb
Isis can control her dreams. Or she could—until recently. The creature in her nightmares has been haunting her for months. As if being dumped wasn’t bad enough, now she dreads going to sleep. She decides to confront the creature and win back some of her peace; only, she finds that he’s not a monster and he’s not a dream. 

A sacrifice for love, a shocking discovery and a jealous ex-boyfriend blur the lines between reality and dreams, making it hard to tell who the real monsters are. 

Who would’ve known…that sometimes love is lethal?


My Review
Isis is having a hard time sleeping. Every time she closes her eyes she sees a creature that scares her. She was dumped in a text by her boyfriend and everything seems to be going wrong. She finally has enough and decides she has to get some sleep not just for her but her mom as well. She decides to confront the creature only to discover it isn't a creature but a boy. She seems to have landed somewhere she shouldn't be. The boy tells her he is real but she doesn't believe him. Soon she finds herself face to face with the real boy David and she learns some things believed to be a myth are real. As she slowly begins to fall for David her ex comes back to town acting strange. What Isis will find out she is different than others and she has to watch her back as her ex seems crazy.

Isis is a great character to me because she didn't fall head over heels right away for David. She has a few problems she is trying to work through for herself first. She is attracted to him but she takes her time. David oh my what to say about David. He is so amazing. He is very special and writes some of the sweetest words you will ever read. He has a protective streak and lets Isis know from the start he will do anything for her. Isis mom is like a best friend and mom rolled into one person. I love her. David's family is unusual but I still loved getting to know them as well. We simply can't leave out Andy and Bill Isis's best friends and they are great friends. I love how they are there for Isis through anything like friends should be.

Looking for a book you won't put down and characters you get wrapped up in? If so pick this up. I loved everything about this book. It has love of course but it is a special love that you will want for your own. I love all the little notes and small things David does that shows he cares. Yes there is some big things that make really show how much he cares but you can't count out small things. I will say this book also has many surprises and twist I wasn't expecting. You have loads of danger as Isis ex is after her and seems out of his mind. You never know what he will do or when he will show. You also get mythology that is something I love to read about. Secrets that come out that leave you with more questions. I will say the ending has me begging for the next one. I want to know more of Isis journey and find out more about her and I want more David. The author has a fan for life as she has woven magical words in this book.

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will try to always reply!