Pages

Pan's Labyrinth:The Labyrinth of the Faun Review

Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the FaunPan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun by Guillermo del Toro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I knew as soon as I saw this book I would want to read it. Pan's Labyrinth is a favorite movie of mine. This book just brings more to enjoy for the old or new fans. It's a dark story and even if it tore my heart out at times I still loved it.


We follow Ofelia as she moves with her pregnant mother to their new home with her new stepfather Vidal. Vidal is a very cruel man who really is only concerned with his unborn child. There is a war going on and times are hard. Ofelia is left alone most of the time as her mother grows sicker. She meets Pan who ask her to complete task to get her hearts desire.


As Ofelia completes her task you meet a collection of characters who stick with you. You get to go on a journey not only of now but you also get to find out the past. The book has amazing illustrations in it. I loved seeing them all. The world in this book is fascinating and heartbreaking at the same time. I would recommend this to any and everyone. Come visit the labyrinth for an intriguing tale or two.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will try to always reply!