Kristen Simmons' fast-paced, gripping YA dystopian series continues in Three.
Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.
And all that’s left is smoking ruins.
Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to them—tracks leading away from the wreckage. The only sign that there may have been survivors.
With their high profile, they know they can’t stay out in the open for long. They take shelter in the wilderness and amidst the ruins of abandoned cities as they follow the tracks down the coast, eventually finding refugees from the destroyed safe house. Among them is someone from Chase’s past—someone he never thought he’d see again.
Banding together, they search for a place to hide, aiming for a settlement a few of them have heard about…a settlement that is rumored to house the nebulous organization known as Three. The very group that has provided Ember with a tiny ray of hope ever since she was first forced on the run.
Three is responsible for the huge network of underground safe houses and resistance groups across the country. And they may offer Ember her only chance at telling the world her story.
At fighting back.
Top Ten List - Things you would change about your high school years if you could go back in time.
Hi! Thanks for having me on today! This is an awesome question – high school was such a great and terrible time. There are a few things I’d change, but for the most part, the mistakes I made really helped me out in the long run!
Here are 10 things I’d change:
1. I would stop worrying if so and so liked me, and instead focus on liking myself.
2. I would have spent more time with the right guy – the one I would start dating when I was 18 and end up marrying 4 years later.
3. I would have been less of a teenage witch to my parents.
4. I would have worried less about the size of my thighs.
5. I would have hugged my BFF more.
6. I would have been more daring.
7. I would have tried a little harder in trig. I mean, honestly. I sucked at math, but not that bad.
8. I wouldn’t have fallen for the wrong boy. (Although that taught me a lot.)
9. I wouldn’t have lied about where I was going the night I learned I was allergic to alcohol.
10. I would have danced more and cared less who was watching.
Kristen Simmons has a master’s degree in social work and is an advocate for mental health. She loves Jazzercise, her husband, and her precious greyhound, Rudy. Also chocolate. She currently lives in Tampa, Florida.
I would like to thank Kristen Simmons, TOR and Book Nerd Tours for letting me be a part of this tour. Click on the banner below to check out the rest of the tour.