Pages

The Beholder Review

The BeholderThe Beholder by Anna Bright
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a copy from Edelweiss and HarperTeen for review.




Selah has her life planned out until she is turned down. Now thanks to her stepmother she must take a journey to find a man to marry. She doesn't want to leave home and her father who is in poor health but knows she has to do what is best for her country.






I have to say to me Selah's Stepmother reminds me of an evil queen. You can tell she is evil but you don't quite get to see just how much yet. Selah is is a young girl and it shows. She falls in love easy and throws little fits. She has a lot of growing up to do. Most of the book I have to say I didn't care for her it's only at the end do I start to see the person she will become start showing. She meets two boys so far into her journey. The first one to me she is just to young for. I doubt think they would be a good match. I was rooting for Torden. I liked them together and think they would be happy together.






The book moves at an good pace and really takes off at the end for me. You get to see different family lives and how their countries are run. I love how Selah becomes becomes a stronger person and the end. I think the second book is going together get her be so amazing. Lots more mystery and action is told at the end. I look forward to the next book.


Bonus this cover is simply amazing!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will try to always reply!