Pages

Monument 14 - Review

Hey everyone this is number 6 in my TBR pile reading challenge. This is a fantastic book and one of my favorites so far this year.


Monument 14 (Monument 14 #1)Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the near future where everyone uses tablets and is hooked to the Network no one expects a tragedy to happen and change the world. It does happen and in one town most of the kids are on their way to school when it happens. A natural disaster strikes and the kids must hold up in a superstore to survive. There is some high school kids and some younger kids as well. They all must learn to work to survive if they are to survive. Even when some don't want to do their part.

I just love this book. I wanted it as soon as I saw the cover and read the blurb. It lives up to the hope I had for it. Told from the POV of Dean a high school boy you get to see what it is like to throw all different type of kids and different ages together and how they bond. You have several who don't want to do anything unless it is to show off, you have some that even seem to go crazy and you have the younger kids trying to help and not miss their parents to much. Dean does a great job stepping up and not taking the leadership role but still trying to help. I like that he is kinds in the middle and not the leader it is a different change and lets you see what it might be like for a normal person.

In the way of the world now days you can really get a feel for this book as it seems it could happen. The future isn't portrayed as aliens and a huge technology but there is some advance tech it just doesn't seem so out of reach. The way these kids act is totally believable and when they do interact with adults the adults behavior seems real as well. You have some good adults and you have the few that are rotten to the core. There is plenty of action as the kids face not just the natural disasters but the fall out that follows.Dean has to make some tough decisions that are a lot for someone who really is still a kid to make but he really steps up. The ending left me begging for more. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a YA book u the near future or natural disaster books. I eagerly look forward to the next book in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will try to always reply!