Pages

Fated - Review

Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)Fated by Alyson Noel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Daire Santos has grown up with visions of things and animals. Thinking it was normal until she was mentions it to someone she then decides to keep it quiet. Until the day she turns 16 she hides it well. On that day she seems to grow crazy and attacks someone. Knowing it may be her last hope she is sent to live with her grandmother she has never met by her mother. Her grandmother seems to know what is going on and can help her. Daire meets her grandmother and learns she is a seeker and may be the only hope to keep evil from winning. She meets twin boys Cade and Dace and knows she has seen them in her dreams before. One is made of light and one is made of dark. Daire must choice between them and what side she wants to go to for the upcoming battle.

This is a highly entertaining book that did start a little slow for me the first two chapters. After that it picked right up. I enjoyed the characters very much. Daire struggles to learn her heritage and make the right choices. She is very strong character. Dace I really liked even if it was hard to figure out what side he was. Xotichl was one of my favorite characters. She is a blind girl who still manages to See things. I love this girl and could read a book just about her.

I did enjoy this book as it has a different twist than other paranormal books. It has a lot of Native American mythology that you just don't see a lot of. Like I said it was a slow start and I kept thinking I hope the whole book isn't like this and I was glad to see it wasn't. Once it picked up I was hooked. I like the concept of the book and eagerly look forward to getting the next book. I believe the characters will continue to grow. It has lots of action scenes and one of my favorite scenes involves a cockroach. If you are looking for a different type YA book with mythology and some paranormal twist give this one a try.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by this author yet, but it seems like a good book. Might have to read it now. :) http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it more than her other series she has. The second one came out last week.

      Delete

I love comments and will try to always reply!