Pages

Feature & Follow #1



Hi everyone this is my first Feature and Follow. I would like to thank Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read for Hosting this great blog feature. As you can see I have just started this blog. I blog for Paranormal Reads but wanted a blog I could call my own. I love paranormal books but I also enjoy other types as well. This my place to where I can talk about all types and do reviews of them. Please feel free to follow me and let me know you did so I will be sure to follow back. I will be adding more to the blog as time goes by I know it may seem kinda bare right now. Thank you and welcome!
Now on to the question.

 Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?

I don't mind if they make it there own story. If I am reading a book and everything seems the same as another book just different names then yes I do mind. Or if the book is clearly a copy and they deny deny deny then yes that puts me off that author.


21 comments:

  1. Good answer. I love a good retelling.

    new follower.
    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! Thanks for stopping by.

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. I like retellings too! New follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    Agree, I can't stand it when they just copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower!

    Yeah, I'm the same way. As long as the author tries to make it original, I'm game :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/11/follow-friday_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you there! People who copy bestsellers in the hope of making it bigtime are annoying. New GFC follower! :D

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya! No one likes a copy cat. Thanks for doing the #FF. XOXO Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed! Nobody likes to get their work ripped off!
    New Follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually don't mind as long as there is some originality - something different, even if the books are a similar concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good answer. There is an amount that's acceptable and an amount that crosses a line.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our answers are very similar!

    Thanks for stopping by. I am following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for stopping by today!
    agreed that it's definitely what an author does with an idea that makes or break a story
    returning the follow!

    Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with your answer! I don't mind books that are somewhat similar, as long as they're not clear copies. There needs to be some originality for me to like a story! New follower :)

    Judith @ Paper Riot

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree.
    Here's my FF.
    Have a great day!
    *New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just hopping through. :) Absolutely agree. It depends on how similiar books are, and what it is that is similiar. :)

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good answer, I agree. :) There's a difference between copies and similarities.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I followed you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my site. I'll be following you, too!

    http://www.christywrites.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great answer!
    New follower via GFC :)
    Samantha @ the secret life of a bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for becoming a follower of mine! I'm now following you back via GFC and wish you a wonderful week!

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will try to always reply!