Pages

Candy and the Cankersaur - Review

Candy and the Cankersaur

by Jason Sandberg
Blurb

This is the sweet and funny tale of a young girl named Candy and a Cankersaurus Rex! Candy receives a dinosaur as a gift and is determined to train him to be a good pet.

My Review
Candy's dad works all the time and she is lonely. He tries to get her everything she needs or wants so he gets her a dinosaur. Cankersaurus Rex is her new pet or Cank as she calls him. Candy sets out to train him not to bite and have a good time with him. Her neighbor Chucky always has to have everything she does but better and he just has to have Cank.

I read this to my three old and she fell quickly in love with it. The pictures are adorable and eye catching to a child and kept her attention. The lesson Candy teached Cank is a good one for no Biting and that is a good lesson for little kids. It also gives the lesson of sharing and how to be friends. Both these are great ones to learn. I liked how each page has words on it to read to her and while she can't say Cankersaurus Rex she calls the book the Cank book and really liked the dinosaur. It is very easy for a child to follow along with you as you read or would be a great one for a child to read on their own. I look forward to more childrens books like these as it was a sure winner with my child. Any book she asked to be read to her over and over is one I like. 

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will try to always reply!